SIXTEEN teams go for all the marbles when they compete in the championship round of the 4th Gov. gwen Garcia Airsoft Cup slated July 25 and 26 at the Prime Orion Property at the Mandaue North Reclamation Area.
The championships was officially launched yesterday in a press conference held at the Cebu Provincial Capitol. Attending the meeting were Cebuano airsoft enthusiasts headed by Paulo Garcia, the Chief Executive officer of the Governor’s Cup operations and Deo Cerna, the tournament’s chairman and the Airsoft Games Club Incorporated (ASG) president.
Prior to the championships, the tournament already had five legs played at different municipalities of the province of Cebu. These are Balamban, Moalboal, San Remegio and Argao.
After the five legs, 16 teams managed to qualify for the championships. The 16 are the:
- Philippine Airsoft Club of Mactan (PACMAN),
- Team X-age,
- Team Tango Down of Busay,
- Team SAAT,
- Team Mizrach of Labangon,
- Team Hammerhead of Lapu-Lapu,
- Globus Petron Alliance of Lahug,
- West Rasmussen Team of Talisay,
- the Southern Airsoft Recon also from Talisay,
- Toledo Airsoft,
- TASC Incorporated of the San Carlos City,
- the ABS Commando,
- Bogo Team Cobra,
- Argao Airsoft Team,
- Crack Legion and the
- powerhouse Guadalupe Airsoft Team
which topped three of the five previous legs. The tournament is organized by the Airsoft Federation of Cebu (AFOC), Airsoft Games Club Incorporated (ASG) and the Governor Gwen Garcia Airsoft Open./CORRESPONDENT DALE G. ROSAL